Fix Windows 10/8/7 Slow Right-Click or Right-Click takes forever to load (2020)
Tired of endlessly waiting for your right click to load? Here comes the savior!
Windows Slow Right Click Problem
Windows Right-Click tend to slow down when the shell context menu on windows gets bombarded with apps.
In order to remove the context menu items or entries on Windows 10, 8, or 7 you can open up a registry editor and delete their respective entries manually.
The downside of doing these manually is that when you delete accidentally a folder or a registry entry there’s no going back or it is very difficult to undo those actions.
However I will be showing you a better method by using a simple app called “ShellExView” to do that process much easier and much faster.
Follow along on the video tutorial below or the step-by-step guide to fix your Windows right click menu in no time!
Fix Slow Right-click on Windows (Steps)
- Download the appropriate version of ShellExView posted above (32 bit or 64 bit).
- Next, Extract ShellExView on any folder or location. Eg. Desktop
- Open up shexview application upon extraction.
- Go to options > check the option “Hide all Microsoft Extensions”.
- Select all extensions (shortcut Ctrl + A) then disable them by clicking on the red button on the top left of the application.
- Go to options > Restart Windows Explorer.
- Hit the yes button and check if the problem is now fixed!