How to reset DLL file association on Windows 10 (2020)
Sometimes file common file associations tend to get broken on Windows and one of which is the .dll files. It is not easy to undo such file associations as of the moment and so I’ll be demonstrating how you can fix the issue.
How to fix this issue?
- Download the registry fix file: reset_dll_association.zip.
- Extract the registry fix file on a folder.
- Right click the registry key and click on Merge.
- Open up task manager by going to start menu > search for Task manager > right click and run as administrator.
- Locate Windows Explorer, click on restart.